Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bob Gets His Groove back....but

So much has changed in the past few days.  When I discovered my walking sticks were not set correctly, it sure seemed like I was back in the game.  I'm walking a good pace - ahead of some and behind others.  When I was in elementary school and we lined p to go to lunch or some other activity, because my last name was BA I was usually besideMichelle Appelbaum - at the FRONT of the line.  Today I realized that Ida source of some of my eagerness to pass others (clearly I belong at the front).  Bunt on the Camino, the line is endless in both directions.  So, I getcomfortablewalking at my pace.  And that has happened.

However, I do feels steady pressure to keep moving if I ope to get to Santiago.  Te next week I will cross the Messta, a region with no sun, few elevations - mostly a rocky path leading to the horizon.  The first day calls for 20 miles, the second for18.  Doesn't sound like a lot of fun, right?  I can take the tain from Burgos to Lyon, skip this experience and guarantee I will get toSantiago.  Biting doing that, I will leave the family of walkers I have been with for the past two weeks.  I like any of these people and will miss them if in go ahead.  But, of course, I will meet others.

So Burgos gives me a chance to work this out.  I'm not sure what I will do.

Funny how joy and sorrow emerge frost much reflection.  Sme moments I am so moved by the richness of this experience and of my life.  Others I feel a profound sadness over things I wish I had not done or opportunities for good that in passed up.  Still, at the end of the day, I can see that I am a deep thinking spiritual man who has a basically kind attitude towards others.  I know that is true about. Me, and I am so very grateful for those who have called it forth over e years.

No comments:

Post a Comment