Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bob Tries Posting Pictures Again

Yes dear readers, I know that pictures would make this blog better.  But, I have not figured out how to do that.  First, I am usually writing while sitting on a bunk bed.  The light is poor, and if I am not careful I will BOING my head, something I do a lot.  Second, there is often a lot of noise around me, and keeping my thoughts together is a challenge.  And finally, the are. Nt enough word to describe how tired I may be.  Sometimes I am involved in a conversation, and two seconds later i could not tell you what we talked about.  Even remembering someone's name after e two seconds is hard!

But today, I am in my hotel room, it is quiet, and I have good light.  I posted some pics on Facebook, so if this does not work, look there.

This morning I went on a brief walk around the cathedral, and I saw many of my peregrino friends walking out of the city.  I had to resist the urge to run back to the hotel, pack my things and join them.  The desire to continue El Camino is great.  I am hoping a days rest will heal my ankle.  This is the time that doing this walk alone is hardest - having to decide what is bet when rede is no clear alternative, and No One is going to say, "you should do X".  I can get myself in such a state that I just want to go get on an airplane and come home.

End of breaking news.  Let's see how I do with the pics.  I may not be able to title them, and they may not be in order, but, hopefully, they will show some of my experience.

Looks like reverse order.  I can't get the cursor to move!  Oh well, here are some pics!



2 comments:

  1. Bob - the pictures are great (especially since I lost all of mine from around Burgos.) I so totally understand your first paragraph - the Camino is not conducive to writing - you are doing an amazing job! Don't know what's going on with your ankle but I had severe tendonitis by Burgos, so for what it's worth: rest more than a day. It's hard but worth it. Take a bus. Take a bus again if it still hurts. Also, you can get 500mg naproxen and an anti-inflammatory gel (Enagel) over the counter at a farmacia. Both made a huge difference for me.

    ReplyDelete